This summer like the ones in years past, is going by quickly. It’s that time when I get my check list ready to hit the stores – whether that is ordering items online, ordering for in-store pick up or going to the store, the time is now. With ordering online and having chronic pain, this is a ‘pain saver’ or is it ‘life saver’ – whichever the saying, it’s good! And ordering in advance gives me time to make exchanges if needed.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
This year my older four will be going off to school. We have them going into prekindergarten 4 through sixth grade. This will be my preschoolers first time in a school setting and she’s elated! Here is a sneak peak at my “Back To School Check List” – because when you’re shopping for a mini tribe, it’s essential that you stay organized.
“Back To School Readiness Check List”
To Do At Home
• Gather new grade school supplies lists for all
• Take inventory of materials / miscellaneous things – check what for items you may have put away in your home, cross that item off the school supply list.
› often times at the end of the school year, I’ll get back unused / new materials that went unused, I’ll save those items for the next school year.
› also with things like, rain jackets and sweaters, I’ll have them try it on, if they haven’t outgrown them, they’ll reuse these.
• List the children’s names with their shoe size, shirt size and shorts/bottoms size (double checking will ensure buying the correct sizes)
• The hanging closet organizer, this is our ‘school cubby’ that hangs in the children’s closets, each child will have a cubby assigned to them, each night they’ll set up their uniform / school attire for the next day – makes getting ready in the morning easy!
School Uniforms / Clothes
• 4 uniform polo shirts per child (verify school colors) – I will purchase these from Target
• 1 school patch / emblem for each polo shirt (can be purchased at the school from PTSA)
• 1 ‘Friday’ school shirt per child (can be purchased at the school from PTSA)
• 4 uniform shorts per child (verify school colors)
• 1 pair of pants per child (verify school colors)
• 1 sweater per child – to be ordered from Gap (Go to the sweaters that are on ‘sale,’ you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality and the price you’ll pay)
• 1 rain jacket per child (to keep inside backpack)
• 1 mini-umbrella for oldest to keep inside backpack (she likes to have an umbrella)
• 1 pair of sneakers/running shoes per child
• Undergarments for all / each child
• Pack of socks for each child
• Belt for each child – to be ordered from My Self Belts (I have been ordering them for about 5 years, the belts are EXCELLENT – especially great for my son with autism)
Backpacks + Lunchboxes, Miscellaneous
• Backpack and Lunchboxes – to be ordered from Pottery Barn Kids (Go to the backpacks that are on ‘sale,’ you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality and the price you’ll pay) If ‘last’ years backpack is still in good condition, it will be washed and reused.
• PE water bottles – to be ordered Contigo water bottle
• Labels for PE water bottles – to be ordered from Inch Bug
• School agenda / homework agenda (can be purchased at the school from PTSA)
• Girls hair bows (I’ll purchase bows according to the school colors)
• Black elastics – for pony tails
• Clear small elastics – for tying ends of braids
• Tresemme hairspray – to use on both the boys and girls
• Mennen Cologne – for kids
• Gather new grade school supplies lists for all and log in the school website to be sure it’s the latest supply list – as the teachers will often update them even during the summer.
• I try to buy things like crayons and pencils in bulk from Amazon Prime – things like this are always needed throughout the year, things like folders, paper, etc. from Target
If you’d like to know all that’s inside my ‘kids hair bin’ organizer you can find that here and for a detailed post on what I use in my home for school purposes you can find that here.
Hope you have a great back to school shopping experience!
Photo: Sharon McCutcheon
Amazon + Target – Mom Life With Chiari is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I will not recommend or buy anything that I do not already own and love or would not use for myself and my family. I make a small commission when you make a purchase on any link my website provides at NO additional cost to you. Thank you in advance for supporting companies that support me!